Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Turning 60 is all About Perception

   It is 2019 and it is ten years since I started blogging.  I still feel the need from time to time to get everything out of my head on to paper.  Lots of urges to put a paint brush to paper, also.   Approaching 2020 quickly and realizing  it will be the perfect year for a new focus and goals.  In 2009 it was a terrible economic environment, my children were graduating high school and I lost my job.  Fear of the future took hold, but I still was able to accomplish an amazing list of things I wanted to do in my life.  My children graduated college, we downsized, owned a business for five years, traveled to Italy, France and London.  Took cruises to the Bahamas and the Mediterranean Went to Art Museums I only dreamt of going to in Art History classes.  Started a blog and ended up writing three:  Greetings from Geralyn, Paris London and Asbury Park and How great the art.  Had an etsy shop.  Went to an etsy symposium.  Hired by Paper Source and traveled to Chicago, Boston and Kansas City to train.  Went back to Boscov's and worked three years as a Department Manager.  Was hired at April Cornell in Ocean Grove and moved the business to Spring Lake, my hometown, where I grew up.   I travel to Burlington, Vermont every six months to train in product knowledge with April
 Cornell, herself.   Phew.....I mean what was I afraid of?   As I approach the next decade of my life I have to say I am not as fearful.  I actually trust myself more, which makes handling life's mysteries a little easier for me.  I feel all the time, I don't have to control of everything, most things in life just happen.  I still think we work hard for whatever we accomplish, but luck or chance still plays a part, too.  I am thinking of myself more of a magician.  I think more and more:  How did I do all of that?   So, I will be sharing posts of what has changed in me and around me that has brought me so much joy, I could burst.   Starting with being a grandmother next month and watching my son work full time as a musician.  I am sure my husband and I will be spending the next few months driving down to Baltimore as much as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turning 60 is all About Perception

   It is 2019 and it is ten years since I started blogging.  I still feel the need from time to time to get everything out of my head on t...