Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Pompeii Inspiration

 I am going to let the history of Pompeii and the pictures I took speak for themselves on this post: 




 I tried to take as many pictures of the murals and reliefs as possible.....so incredible.....so timeless.




 I don't know whether it is the retailer in me, but I did find this the most fascinating part.  The groove on the bottom of this part would be for a sliding wood door for the markets.  They were side by side.  Almost like a main street of today.





 One of those places I have seen so many documentaries of, but never in my wildest dreams thought I would visit one day.  The area is vast.  It was hot and hard on the feet.  But, mouth dropping and awe inspiring!  I would like to read more about it to put what I saw in perspective.  It was actually overwhelming the thought of how old it is.  A little strange how there are new sculpture exhibits with the old and people along the trail selling wares.  They are still digging.  And I just had a real hard time with what was real and what was staged.  But, totally fascinating and worth the time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turning 60 is all About Perception

   It is 2019 and it is ten years since I started blogging.  I still feel the need from time to time to get everything out of my head on t...